Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mom, I Got the Gig!!

I will be drumming for Royal Caribbean in the Bahamas (and a couple runs up to Nova Scotia) from June - January... Incredible! Who wants to touch me?! It hasn't even hit yet, that I'm going to be taking time off from Berklee (for the second time!) and living on a cruise ship. I've been dissecting this from every angle, though it's not going to hit me until I'm walking onto the boat. RC sent a bunch of paperwork, New Hire Form, Copy of Passport, Drug and Alcohol Policy, Physical Form, aaaand the Life Insurance Beneficiary Form in case you die...

A couple of things that need to happen first - The city's welcoming Spring not a moment too soon. March seems to be the month that everyone is visiting Boston, even though it feels about time to disappear from the city for a day. Come to the city, we'll go for a road trip! April will be the month to remember I'm still in school (not for long!!), and the month of shows. There's a blink-182 cover show coming, and a few dates with Liz Fohl.

My expectations are that May be totally crazy. I'm done with school on the 5th, turn 21 on the 10th, and have to road trip back to Texas sometime before the 21st. Then there's June. A few weeks of Arlington, then off to join the ship! I can't help but feel like everything I've done up to this point now has a purpose. It's all starting to line up and mean something.

I've been working on a lot of my own songs lately, as I learn more and have the ability to better articulate my thoughts. Though, I like the idea of not leaking anything until I'm ready for an official release. It's coming...


No comments:

Post a Comment