Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm On to Something!

I'm never exactly sure why I'm up at 3:30 in the morning, though there's a full moon over Boston right now. Anyone ever stop to appreciate the moments where they feel considerably more accomplished? You know, like telling yourself, "Take note! You are now a better person!" While having huge dreams, it can make all the difference to acknowledge these little moments. It's what's making me feel like I have any forward motion at all.

The pictures/video of the roadtrip have been a long time coming - patience, all good things in time. (That's funny because I'm incredibly impatient). After 3 days on the road, it was hard to accept that we'd arrived at a final destination. Well, not final, that's death, but you know. A big part of me wanted to turn right around and head to Chicago. From there...Vegas? LA? I don't want to wait anymore to go on a tour.

This would be the semester that all of my friends on the Eastern Seaboard decide to study abroad, though, the one time I'm passing through. The family/friends we did get to see (and meet) were what really made the trip fun. That and peeing in bushes on the side of the interstate. If you ever have a chance to drive on I-20 straight across Louisiana, don't do it. Or Virginia. Just skip Virginia altogether, and if you can't, drive 5 miles under the speed limit. I'm warning you now, learn from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment